About Me

My photo
My name is Jessica Rodriguez, and I am 29 years old, married and a mother of two wonderful boys. I am currently living in Battleground, Washington. I have lived in Washington all of my life. I am a contestant on a weight loss show, which is a television show that is going to show people that there is a way to become a healthier and happier person. You will be able to follow me and the other contestants on our weight loss. I am needing to loose 100 pounds to be my ideal body weight. Being on this show and having others in the same position that I am in, will really give me that extra motivation that I am in need of. My current weight is 225 pounds and my goal weight is 125 pounds. I know that I can reach my goal weight with a little bit of hard work and dedication. To find out a little more about me, click on the link on the right side of this page, and visit me on myspace. There is also another link below where you can find out some information about KTS (Klippel Trenaunay Syndrome, which I was born with.

MY Disorders

It took me many years to get a proper diagnosis for my disorders. I have KTS and EDS. Both diseases are extremely rare. Basically I have a very large vascular malformation on my right leg. I also have very thin, stretchy skin, and pigmentation of the skin, on my leg and other areas. I have lived with these disorders since I was a child. It caused me a lot of pain, physically and mentally. I have seen my share of Doctors throughout my life. I was referred for surgeries to Denver, Colorado, for embolization therapy. I made three trips, with a total of 5 surgeries. Following Denver I was referred to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. I stayed there for five days, which was appointments from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed, daily. I learned a lot about my Diseases during that time. They had mentioned that I would not suffer in so much pain, if I removed three of my toes on my right leg. So when I came back home I talked with my vascular doctors about my visit at the Mayo Clinic and in September of 2008 I had three of my toes amputated at OHSU. My surgery went fine, and I felt as to be expected, but two days later I experienced something that I don't want to experience again. I was in bed, eating breakfast, and the last thing I remember was the Doctors asking me do you remember your name. I had no idea what had happened to me, but I was in so much pain. They told me that when the nurse came into my room she found me in bed, unconsious, and my face was blue. The doctors told me that my oxygen level had dropped down to 31, which is a cause to worry and a big concern. To this day they can not explain why this happened to me. It could have been an allergic reaction to the pain medications, but I had only a small dose, so it was a mystery. They ran several tests and still there was no explanation. This is why I am here today trying to lose my extra weight and become healthier once again. I do not ever want to experience something like that again, so I have decided to take this opportunity and to follow through with it, and become a healthier and a happier person for myself, family and friends.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Stress

So the past week has been very stressful. The stress really got to me this last weekend. It was my sons birthday party and I cheated. I ate 3 pieces of pizza and then I went to Taco Bell. I felt so horrible afterwords that I got sick to my stomach. This is the first time in three months that I have cheated, I felt as if I started all over again. The past couple of days have been better, I am feeling good, and I have a lot of energy. I am feeling like me, again. I have lost a total of 26 pounds, and I could not be happier.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jessica, My name is Paula Cataldi. I´m from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I´m 32 years old. I found you in you tube. I have SKT in my left leg.
    I invente you to join to a group in facebook, Difusion Sindrome Kipplel Trenaunay. You can write in english, then I can traslate.

    There are a lot of people who have kts. So, the best thing is are together.

    Kisses
    Paula

    ReplyDelete